Wednesday, April 9, 2014

National Library Week- Signage

Here are some of the signs I created for library week. My goal was to have a new one each day. I used tagul.com to create the word cloud. I really like that site since it lets me pick different shapes and makes it easy to save the image.




I wanted to do a spotlight of the day that was visually interesting. I don't have any graphic design experience so I was kind of winging it. I thought a flowchart might be fun so I created this for my book spotlight. Its not awesome looking but I think its a fun idea. I got the graphics from microsoft publisher, I like that their graphics don't have a background. I don't know the technical term for that, might want to make it a mission to figure that out!


This is actually the first sign I made. I'm not huge on the color scheme but I was following the scheme of the ALA national library week banner. This was the first time I used the eyedropper tool to get the right colors, it made life easier and I'm glad I figured it out. Again the computer is a microsoft publisher clipart. On that note did you know if you choose insert online picture in publisher it will look for creative commons pictures for you? Now you do!


This sign took the longest but that's because I was going crazy on Pixlr Express. It so fun and easy, if you have not used it before go do that now! I also did some of my first virtual collaboration on this one. Since I'm used to being in a larger library where I could ask multiple people opinions I felt I little lost, but then I remembered duh the internet! I had a lot of help from a former co-worker and classmate, Keeley, to get this looking like it did. Thanks Keeley!


This last poster I created to advertise our easter egg hunt. I hated all the fonts in publisher and after playing on pixlr I wanted something more fun. So I learned to use fontspace! Its super easy and I downloaded a ton of fun fonts including one called permanent marker and one called scribblebox



I've still got a few more signs to make and will post them when I'm finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment