Wednesday, April 9, 2014

National Library Week!- Easter Egg Hunt

National Library week is April 12-April 19 for 2014. I wanted to do something but I'm a newbie here and didn't want to ask for lots of money so here are some projects I created on a limited budget!

Project: Easter Egg Hunt
supplies: Plastic Eggs, Candy, card catalog card, clear printer stickers


Description: So this was probably the most expensive of the projects. One of the other librarians suggested an easter egg hunt at a staff meeting, and since I was already thinking about library week and they coincide I ran with it! Staff members were awesomely helpful with this! One of them spent a good deal of time finding me lots and lots of quotes about libraries, books and reading. I printed those out and stuffed them in the eggs along with some candy (that our awesome head of the library bought). Again I wanted to create some prizes that cost very little so I made some library fine fee waivers! Its basically free since we don't depend on late fee revenue. I wanted students to give back the eggs if they didn't want them so we could use them again, I made a cute sign for returning the eggs out of a card catalog card and some clear printer stickers. I love clear printer stickers!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment