Wednesday, April 9, 2014

National Library Week- Buttons

Button! Buttons! Buttons! I am very lucky to have a button machine at my disposal here at my school. The library doesn't have is own but campus life has one and lets us make a button for .10 a piece. Not bad since we have under 1000 on-campus undergrads and we don't need a huge amount of stock. I made these using microsoft publisher and also using old card catalog cards.  They are two inches across. The card catalog ones were actually the most difficult because I wanted the text printed, I have little kid handwriting. I figured out how to do this using clear label printing paper we had in stock. It worked perfectly and came out on a material kind of like clear tape but went through the printer like a dream. Again you can see my use of lots of fun fonts and tagul to make my word cloud hearts. I love these, the library staff seems to love them and next week I'll find out how the students like them. The nice thing about being so small scale is if they love them and they run out I can go to the building next door and make more!


No comments:

Post a Comment